Organize a Food and Funds Drive
Holding a food and funds drive is a fun and easy way to help feed our hungry neighbors.
We’re always in need of the “super six” items: cereal, peanut butter, canned tuna, canned fruits and vegetables, canned stew, canned soup. Please review our wish lists below for more information.
For every $1 donated to Second Harvest we can provide 4 meals to our neighbors struggling with hunger. Consider incorporating a fundraiser into your drive to help feed even more families!
Step 1: Please complete the Food Drive Registration Form (click HERE )
Step 2: Review the tips and attachments below
Step 3: Promote and advertise your drive with flyers, e-mails and announcements
Step 4: Collect non-perishable food and non-food items; collect monetary donations
Step 5: Prepare your donations for delivery to the food bank
Tips and resources for a successful drive:
- Prepare your donations for delivery or pick-up by boxing food in medium-sized boxes. Copy paper boxes are the perfect size. Please limit the weight of each box to no more than 40 pounds for easy handling. Remember, if you can’t lift the box, we can’t lift the box.
- Keep food and non-food items separate.
- Items we cannot accept include rusty or unlabeled cans, perishable items, homemade items, OTC medicines or vitamins, alcoholic beverages, open or used items.
- Deliver your donations to the food bank (receiving hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM)
- Click here for a map and directions
- Inform your contributors of the total number of pounds, dollars and meals collected.
- Start planning your next food and funds drive …
For additional information regarding organizing your food and funds drive, please contact Stephanie Kilham, Director of Donor Relations, at (850) 562-3033 or email@example.com
Thank you for helping fight hunger and feed hope!