Organize a Food and Funds Drive
Holding a food and funds drive is a fun and easy way to help feed our hungry neighbors.
We’re always in need of the “super six” items: canned fruits, vegetables, canned meats (tuna, chicken), cereal, hearty soup/stew, peanut butter. Please review our wish list below for more information.
Remember - For every $1 donated to Second Harvest we can provide 4 meals to our neighbors struggling with hunger. Consider incorporating a fundraiser into your drive to help feed even more families!
Step 1: Please complete the Registration Form HERE
Step 2: Review the tips and attachments below
Step 3: Promote and advertise your drive with flyers, e-mails and announcements
Step 4: Collect non-perishable food and non-food items; collect monetary donations
Step 5: Prepare your donations for delivery to the food bank
Tips for a successful drive:
- Prepare your donations for delivery or pick-up by boxing food in medium-sized boxes. Copy paper boxes with lids are perfect. Please limit the weight of each box to no more than 30 pounds for easy handling. Remember, if you can’t lift the box, we can’t lift the box.
- Keep food and non-food items separate. Collect funds in a sealed envelope, or give on-line.
- Items we CANNOT accept include rusty or unlabeled products, perishable items, homemade items, alcoholic beverages, open or used items. We CAN accept items past the sell by or use by date!
- Deliver your donations to the food bank (receiving hours are Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 12 PM or 1 - 3 PM).
- Click here for directions.
- Inform your participants of the total number of pounds, dollars and meals collected.
- Start planning your next food and funds drive …
For additional information, please contact Stephanie Kilham, Director of Food Resources , at (850) 562-3033 ext. 213 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping fight hunger and feed hope!